Sunday, October 24, 2010

Why I am silent (at least some of the time)

My AS has a lot to do with my silence and also my not being able to socialize very well. But there are other reasons why I am sometimes mute for long periods of time.  There have been times when I talk in circles (my sincere apologies to everybody who's ear I have talked off) and for whatever reason, go on and on about something very forgettable.  It's pretty often that after I do that, I won't say anything for hours after, so I can avoid getting into another "circle monologue" that some poor person will be subjected to.  I've also met other people who have Asperger's (possibly some other issues as well) who tend to bluff and bluster their way through life, meaning they say they'll do things about their problems, but really they expect others to take care of them.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Aunt Pat and Uncle John. Yes, I've known for a long time that I'm much better at writing than speaking. Writing can be edited until it's perfect, but speaking well must be practiced.

    ReplyDelete