Monday, October 18, 2010

Little bit about me and my blog

I want to use this blog to write about life, the good parts and the bad ones, as I see it.  I plan on writing about everything, from personal finance, mine and in general, to losing some extra weight; I need to lose about 40 pounds, but right now, I'll take what I can get.
I also want to write about issues that people with AS face every day, such as poverty, unemployment and underemployment.  Many people who think they know about Asperger's seem to think that getting on some kind of funding (like disability) is the answer to these issues.  However, I have applied twice, in the province that I'm living in now. The first time, I was denied outright.  The second time, they actually mailed the entire application back to me, stating that it could not go any further, because of some red tape issues.  That is just one example of a misunderstanding many seem to have about Asperger's and Autism. There are many more, which I can't go into now, because it's late and I do have work and a class tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment